Discover how you can strengthen your mental resilience and well-being, which are important factors of successful ageing. Join us to learn about mental well-being and the common issues affecting it. In our daily lives, we may face stressors which affect our ability to experience life in a positive manner and could increase our vulnerability to mental health difficulties. Through experiential learning, this course will help you pick up practical tips to enhance and maintain your mental well-being.
1. WHY seniors are prone to mental well-being challenges?
• Challenges of Ageing
2. WHAT are the common mental well-being issues faced by seniors?
• Common Mental Well-Being Issues in Seniors
3. HOW to deal with them?
• Successful Ageing and How to Get There
• Overcoming the Challenges of Mental Well-Being
• Tips on Self-Care for Better Mental Well-being
At the end of the course, participants shall:
• Be aware of some most common mental well-being issues faced by seniors and why they occur
• Be able to recognise the signs and symptoms of these mental well-being issues, and know of approaches, techniques and resources to prevent and manage them
• Acquire a positive outlook towards ageing
Date: 24 June 2022, Friday
Time: 9am-12nn, 130pm-5pm (6.5 hours)
Venue: 27A Neil Road Singapore 088817
Language of conduct: English
Course fee: $100 nett (NSA applicants only need to pay $20)
Seats are limited.
We are pleased to inform you that this course is eligible for the National Silver Academy (NSA) subsidy and SkillsFuture credits (SFC).
The NSA subsidy is only eligible for Singaporeans/PRs who are 50 years and above. After NSA subsidy, seniors will only need to pay $20 which can be paid using your SFC.
To register, please click here